Thursday

Ladies Luncheon – cont.



If you read about my “just because” lunch, you know that I had a blast decorating and creating goodies for it. What you don’t know is what exactly I created. For the Chinese to-go dessert boxes, I made a peanut butter rice krispy treat, bought Florentines, and made melt-in-your-mouth sugar cookies that were stacked and tied with cute baker’s string. These are some of my favorite basic treats. I really wanted to make decadent frilly desserts but lets face it, I’m not practiced, work full-time, run a side business, and most importantly I have an amazing husband and adorable daughter to spend time with above all else. So just the basics it was, and yummo.

Now for the favors, these were so fun and only time consuming because I had to make 12 all together. First I found $1 a yard muslin fabric, free cut rectangles and sewed the bags. Then I stamped them, filled them, and tied them closed with bakers string, and hand-sewed a yoyo flower attached to a pin added to the outside of the bag. Some of the contents were customized so I created name tags for each bag. I bought bird shaped chipboard, decoupaged pretty paper over it, sanded the edges for a worn look, and stamped a sepia color ink roughly around the edges too. Then I punched a hole to attach it with vintage trim and a hole for the pearl brad which connected their name to the bird. For the name, I printed their names on vellum paper and cut one end like an old-style flag shape. I attached it to the area by the wing.

I can’t remember all of the contents but here are the highlights. I used small glass baby food jars and put some crinkle paper and a teal colored bird-shaped soap and then decorated the lid and tied with vintage seam binding, a bath bomb with birds on it, homemade (not by me) lip balm and I added a wax seal of a fleur de lis to the lid, a brass bookmark with their first name stamped along the top, an adjustable ring with a bird image under resin, a homemade (not by me) mirror compact with a vintage bird/French collage image on one side, and I know I’m missing something… Anyway, it was a great to create something other than jewelry and I felt like I shared a bit of myself with each person.

No comments:

Post a Comment