Sunday

Literary Inspiration


Why am I so excited (obsessed)? It all started about two years ago when I fell in love with reading. It seems strange to be at my age and discover how amazing books are, sad but true. It started with the Twilight series, and I’m still surprised I gave it a shot. I’m not into fantasy or vampire stuff, but I was convinced by Brenda at church that it was a love story and it wasn’t sleazy at all. So I read them all right after seeing the first movie with my hubby and from there got hooked reading. I tend to enjoy a great love story with some adventure and fun. I am a huge Jane Austen fan and continue to be inspired by her novels with my jewelry designs. I am a sucker for love stories, romantic comedies, and even the sometimes very sad Jonathan Sparks love stories.

Classic and modern love stories have inspired many of my current designs but very recently inspired a vision for new enameled designs. I have designs planned for the following:

Pride and Prejudice
Emma
Letters to Juliet
Young Victoria
Bright Star
Twilight

Although not a love story, Alice in Wonderland has also inspired a design, but I’ve yet to write out the details. I have a feeling that my closest friends will inspire designs also. Their personalities reflect certain colors and styles, and they inspire me too so it’s inevitable. Inspiration comes in many forms, find what inspires you and soar. I am so excited to learn enameling and attempt my new designs. Stay tuned, and I'd love to hear about what inspires you.

No comments:

Post a Comment