Wednesday

the BIG picture


I’m busy, you’re busy, we’re all busy, right? But that’s why we need to keep the ‘big picture’ in mind. This last weekend was really nice. The weather was lovely and after a Friday night wedding the weekend was pretty open. Saturday was a low-key day, spent some time with my family and some time working off my checklist. Sunday was a full day of family fun and I enjoyed every minute. I often feel anxious about all the things I’m not getting done or need to do but I allowed myself to enjoy the present company and this precious time we had together. So while day to day I’m going through life (small picture), I don’t want to lose sight of the ‘big picture’, my purpose, and what I hold dearest to my heart, God and my family. My husband, daughter, and I drove up to Portland and grabbed delicious snacks at Coffee People (best banana shakes ever) and then we headed for Multnomah Falls. Apparently everyone had the same good idea, but we entered in a round about way and found a good parking spot and hiked a bit up to the fall. It was so much fun and we loved watching our 5 year old hike the path and act all grown up (pumping her arms for the exercise). Then we stopped in Troutdale to have Subway before going over to Blue Lake. Again, everyone had the same idea but it wasn’t congested and Sawyer loved the water feature and playing in the lake. After her lips turned as blue as the lake she was done and slept well on the drive home. The whole day was so nice and I hope a lasting memory for our daughter. She’s starting Kindergarten this fall but before I know it she’ll be graduating high school so I don’t want to miss out or regret time spent elsewhere. I’m trying to keep the big picture in mind every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment