Monday

strike a post


In a week I’ll be having a photo shoot! I’m really excited and hope it turns out how I’m picturing it. The photo shoot is of 9 special ladies who have encouraged and supported me in my jewelry business. They will be wearing earrings and necklaces from my collection and I’ll be using the photo to create a large vinyl banner for my display and the cover of my designs book (created with MyPublisher). My plan is to take tons of pictures in a short amount of time so that I have several to choose from. Everyone will get to approve the final selection, and then I’ll get to play with PhotoShop to process it. I was inspired to do this after doing a show in the Sellwood district of Portland, Oregon. I met a fabulous crafter there, owner of Hortense and Eloise, and she had a beautiful vertically hanging vinyl banner as her backdrop. It added so much professionalism and it was so eye catching that it stayed in my mind. The designer is very creative and specializes in vintage inspired stuffed bears and bunnies, and children’s aprons. She also has a knack for jewelry design and fixing up old homes; she's multi-talented. She is so funny and sweet, the type of person you could talk to for hours and I wish her all the success and fortune possible. Check out her shop, Christmas is coming up and her prices are fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment