Friday

Giving Goes a Long Ways


I have learned time and time again that giving of myself, my time, my creations, and my money really just gives back to me tenfold. I personally believe that’s it’s pleasing to God if done from the heart, and I love to please my Father. Giving also produces an attitude of sorts, it’s hard for me to explain. But for me, my goal isn’t just to make money which allows me to buy things and do what I want to do, but it’s to also shows gratitude for what I’ve been blessed with (creative talents, drive, and extra money) And giving blesses others which we know can be contagious. Love the movie “Pay it Forward”.

There are countless ways you can give, some are to give a portion of your profits to the offering at your church or any charitable foundation, you can donate your products to charitable auctions for schools, ministries, or other worthy causes, you can be a sponsor under you company name for something that’s important to you like helping to buy jerseys for a kids sports team. You can give your time to mentor someone else with an interest in the same craft, or give your time to do a crafty project with a girl scout group, or use your time to write blogs about how to do something crafty to teach others. There are so many ways, I’m sure you have a lot of ideas too that I’d love to hear about. This blog is a great reminder to me, especially in difficult economic times when money is tighter. But we still need to be conscious of our attitude and the state of our heart. If we put the same amount of heart into giving as we put into our creations can you imagine the affects?

Or what about giving back to your loyal customers? I have a listing in my online shop for a free gift with purchase. I love giving extra things like matching earrings, a ring, bracelet, or bookmark, and this listing just makes it fun for the buyer to know they’re getting an extra little surprise. It’s fun for them and me, and I hope it shows my customers how much I value them and I want them to be a happy and satisfied customer. I have seen other shops list Pay-it-Forward items which is really cool too. I also offer free shipping and my items are ready to give as gifts. These are a few small ways to appreciate your customers. Think about the ways your currently give and try adding a new way or two and you will feel the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment