Tuesday

Studio


Whatever your craft or hobby is, you know how important it is to keep your workspace organized and orderly (at least to your standards). My husband’s desk is a mess to me, but he knows where everything is and this (perceived chaos) works for him. When I’m designing pieces of jewelry, putting away supplies, creating jewelry, or packing up orders, I rely on my organized space to save time and feel calm when I’m working. I have a nice desk/bookcase set-up in our front room to store my supplies, hold my laptop, and package things up. My husband had the room painted for my birthday because this room is a space that I spend time in and I decorated it how I wanted it except for the finishing touch – paint! Plus the front room is a nice place for company to visit or for my daughter and I to listen to music and enjoy the view out the front windows. I usually don’t spend time making jewelry in this space because I need a lot of room to spread out my supplies but it’s perfect for everything else and it’s easily assessable for me.

Be aware that it could be a big mistake to clutter your home with your craft. This “mess” can cause other family members to be anxious or even be annoyed at your beloved craft because it just looks like a disaster. It’s also a headache if you spill something around your messy workspace (especially cleaning juice off beads one by one). And if company is coming over, cleaning up your crafty stuff will take up time that you could be spending on more important things, like making dessert~

No comments:

Post a Comment