Saturday

Stamp Happy


Stamping metal jewelry is quickly becoming extremely popular. It’s not like engraving, it’s better in my opinion. It’s less costly, has a unique handcrafted look, and can work with many styles. I actually love stamping brass, I’ve had a blast stamping Jane Austen inspired designs by stamping some of her character’s famous quotes on tags. I’ve also done several custom stampings on sterling silver and brass, from mother’s day designs, monograms, family, graduation, and pets. It is so fun creating a one-of-a-kind keepsake for someone. I love knowing how special the design will be to this person and that I’ve had a hand in creating it for them.

The stamping possibilities are endless and charming. It’s hard not to repeat the same design or concept because I’ve either found it to be enjoyable or the concept is widely popular. Plus the stamps are spendy so it’s not like I can buy every single thing I want~ Words, quotes, poems, and inspirational themes are entirely special and make stamping very enjoyable. Romazone is an Etsy shop which has a vast assortment of stamping and metalsmithing tools. They offer reasonable start-up kits and they ship fast.

Besides stamping, there’s etching which I don’t know a thing about except how beautiful the product turns out. I don’t know if I’ll ever venture into etching since I can’t draw, but it is a upcoming brilliant technique to watch for and explore if you’re interested. I’m so consumed with my enameling research that I can’t think of much else~

No comments:

Post a Comment