Saturday

artistry


I am so excited about enameling! I can't draw, paint, sculpt, or work in many other forms of artistry but I can do some fun things with enameling and I can't wait to get my own supplies and get started. Day 1 at the OSU Craft Center enameling workshop was great. I learned several metal smithing techniques, some I've done, some I haven't. The enameling part was so much fun I was able to ask the instructor all kinds of questions. She is very knowledgable, nice, and gave good instruction. There are three other students in the workshop and they are very cool too. I feel fortunate that there are only 4 of us in the class, and that the class wasn't cancelled.

Tomorrow is a day to make more pieces, test things out, and ask more questions. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed today and I'm ready to go out and buy my own kiln, tomorrow I will test the design that I intend on making to sell in my online shop. If I can figure it out, feel confident about repeating it, and it's still fun, then I'll know I can invest in my own supplies.

My hubby Jeremy was so supportive and interested in how everything went. He said he knew I'd be good at it and have fun. He's so sweet. He asked about the Craft Center's kiln and suggested that we get the one we've been looking at. I said I needed a window and he thought that sounded good... I feel so thankful for his support, encouragement, and interest in my jewelry design. The photo above is one of the pieces I created today. I got home and added the chain to my ribbon shaped pendant. I may be making more of these for my Etsy shop. Stay tuned for upcoming enameled designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment