Tuesday

Change


When people hear the word change, we all react differently based on our experiences. I think I handle change alright, even if I have to get through an internal battle first. I know that God is on my side and things will work out for His good. It is important that I acknowledge I haven’t experienced much change that wasn’t taken on by choice, so my attitude and optimism is from a perspective of very few life altering changes.

Now I am 32 years old, healthy, happy, and thankful, but facing an unwanted change. Due to revenue shortfalls and a union contract, I was “displaced” by another employee and forced to “displace” someone else. On July 19th I will be starting a new job for a different government division, leaving everyone and everything I loved in my former job. I can’t change this, and I have a lot to be thankful for despite this unwanted change. Nothing changes the fact that I will no longer be sitting by and working with my best friend, and several other close friends 40 hours a week. I won’t get into all the little things that sting about this change because the most important aspect is the distance it will create in my relationships. Fortunately I will be working in the same building, just two floors up and not even distance can break the ties I have with these amazing friends. I hope to come back some day and will be looking for opportunities to do so; this hope makes the change bearable and livable. I never thought a job would mean so much to me, and it doesn’t; it’s always been about the people and relationships we forge in life – and this upcoming change has solidified that belief.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl...I love reading your stuff. Keep it up! Oh, and the other day Elly asked when she was going to get to play with her cousin "Soldier"...it took me a while and I said, "Do you mean Sawyer?", and she said, "Oh, yeah, her." Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete