Wednesday

Oregon State University


I am gearing up mentally and emotionally for my weekend workshop at OSU’s Craft Center. Besides my difficulty in finding the campus last week to attend a safety orientation (just to find that it wasn’t even necessary), I am so excited about the enameling workshop. The class is small, so far there are only three of us registered and the studio is large. The great part about this weekend workshop is that it incorporates some basic metal working skills to prepare the copper before enameling it. The class and material fees are only $45 total and by the end of the weekend I will be able to determine if enameling is a technique that I want to invest in. Besides that, I will be able to ask the instructor specific questions that I haven’t found answers to online or in my enameling book. I am so going to get my money’s worth, and hopefully I enjoy the process so that I can start creating all my ideas. If I start now, I’ll be ready for the Salem Holiday Market!

This workshop takes place the weekend before starting my new job so I’ll be keeping busy doing something fun instead of worrying about starting a new job and working with new people. Now I’m thankful that the class in Portland was full, and I can see how God’s hand orchestrated things for my good. It makes sense since I am one of His favorites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment