Wednesday

Support

I just had to share a little note about how much support I have in life, all arenas, and I don’t even have to ask for it. This is not the case for everyone and it makes me realize that I have to let people know they have my support and of coarse show it, but I can’t assume that they just know.

My husband, Jeremy, has helped me with some research about enameling supplies so he knows how expensive some of the tools are. We have also discussed some of the road blocks I’ve encountered regarding soldering the copper before enameling it, and he’s tried to help me figure things out. Jeremy also spent a significant amount of time looking online for enameling classes since I wasn’t having much luck in my search. He even encouraged me to consider a class 4 hours away saying that he and my daughter could stay the weekend up there with me and hang out while I was in class. I have also set up two tables in our garage to be ready for enameling (assuming I like it) which causes me to park my car in the driveway. Jeremy mentioned getting an upright workbench from Lowes so that it would take up less space and I could park in the garage again. I suggested that he park his car in the driveway and I get to have my workspace and car in the garage :) but I’m not sure he’s sold on the idea. Actually, if I seriously asked him, he would agree to it to make me happy. He’s just the type of man that wants his wife and daughter to be happy (and spoiled). He also knew I was nervous about finding my way to the OSU campus to attend the safety orientation so he called me while I was driving. It was perfect timing because I was absolutely lost and I’m horrible with directions and even worse with a map. He found out what crossroads were around and he talked me through each turn until I parked my car and located the building. And I was not happy on the phone, I was very stressed and ready to turn around and drive home. Jeremy’s support for my creative ventures is countless and imperative to my creative successes. His support doesn’t end there, he’s encouraged me to go back to school if I want to get my BA, he’s encouraged me in many areas of ministry, and he’s always supporting and encouraging my relationships with my friends and family. If this wasn’t good enough, I even have amazing support and encouragement from my best friends and several family members. I have success whether I want it or not simply because I have the support it takes and the courage to try anything I want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment