Monday

Reinventing the baby book


As I’ve been dealing with the grief of leaving my friends at work, I’ve been filled with ideas and inspiration in my creative life. I have an amazing and supportive husband who doesn’t always get what I’m saying, but takes time to understand and encourage my ventures (every single one). I have started creating a book for my daughter, about my daughter. Each page will be altered art with photos of her and our family/friends, and fictional stories about her with loosely based factual events. My daughter Sawyer has an amazing imagination and she loves whimsical dramatic stories, so that’s what I’m writing for her. She is the leading lady in each story, and all the characters are royalty which is perfect since she loves princess stuff and is a princess herself. This book isn’t a scrapbook but so much more. It’s very exciting to create, now if I can just be patient and do one page at a time when I have time.

This “Baby Book” will probably take me most of her childhood to finish, but it’s a lot of fun to occasionally work on when the mood strikes, and Sawyer loves looking at the pages so far. She has even requested a few things that she’d like me to incorporate. I mentioned to my husband that I should probably scan in the completed pages so that she can play with them without wearing out the originals. He took a look at what I have created so far and he saw dollar signs  He thinks I should pre-make pages that people can add their own photos to but charge a lot because they’re so unique. This is a good idea except that I wouldn’t enjoy it, I don’t want to spend my time doing it, and I wouldn’t ever get paid for all the time and energy spent doing it. It was a nice compliment though, and when it’s done I think he will be impressed and overwhelmed by how cool it all turns out. He is the type who has to see it done before deciding anything about it. Not me, I can visualize in my mind, it usually changes in reality, but it’s a lot of fun along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment